22 Terrifying Stories About Eating at Someone Else’s House
Some things don’t make sense until you get older. Case in point: One Redditor noticed that as a child, she always got sick after eating Christmas Eve dinner at her grandma’s house. It was quite the shock for her to grow into adulthood and realize that she always got sick because gran gran straight up “doesn’t believe in” expiration dates.
While this statement likely conjures up a few questions for you, like what it means to “believe in” expiration dates, I’m sorry to say I can’t clarify the logic. What I will say, however, is that this goes to show that you really have no idea what people do in their own kitchens. Other Redditors have squirmed and gagged as they’ve recalled the grossest experiences they’ve had when eating food made by someone else, and just a word of caution: if you’re enjoying a meal or even a light snack right now, maybe stop.